Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11

Oh the Snow!

I had big plans of using this weekend to catch up - laundry, cleaning, some home cookin' - all foiled by my dismal "on call" schedule. It started by working 12.5 hours Friday, just how everyone likes to finish their work week. I can home dragging butt and exhausted. When I left the hospital I asked them to please not call me back, since I had 3 hours off til my next call shift started at 10:30. For some reason I had a hunch, a premonition, that it was not going to be a quiet night.

So when the phone rang at 12:45, my intuition was right. Thankfully do to my exhaustion, I was asleep by 9 and had a couple good hours under my belt. Where is this saga going, you might be asking? One plan was to get the kids bundled up and play in the snow this weekend. Which, when I was crawling into bed at 4, did not sound very appealing. But then when Drew was yelling, "MA MA" from his room at 6:50, I thought maybe the outside air would "encourage" them to take an extra long nap (so that I could too)!

Well, I think I slept for 20min and the kids for 1.5 hours. Although when it was time to go get them I felt ready to be double teamed by them:) I felt better than when I am fully rested and not working my butt off. The end result was cute pics of the kids in the snow. I  assumed Kels would love it the most since she ALWAYS stops on our way in/out of the house to touch the snow. But it was Drew who was belly-flopping into snowbanks and crawling through the deep snow while Kelsey stood next to the snow. I brought out some sand shovels for them to dig in the snow and we took a walk down the street.

On a side: it was the first time I heard Drew say Kelsey's name. I was saying, "Kelsey - stop" because she was getting too far ahead of us on the walk. And Drew stops and says, "Kellllheeee". Kelsey's been saying, "Wers Du?" for a couple weeks now, as they like to ask ALL THE TIME: "Wers Da? Wers Ma?" repeatedly. over. and. over. Even if you answer them.

She's crying because I MADE her come outside; hence her blankies are in tow.







No comments:

Post a Comment