Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9

Small Town 4th

The past weekend was just one that I would bottle up and save for "rainy days." I took the kids back home for the local parade and picnic. Craig almost always has to work on the 4th, since the pool also hosts a 4th of July party. So I prefer to head home and spread the love around with my family :) The kids were up late the night before playing with sparklers and jumping on the trampoline with the neighbors, which made Drew a little whiny before the parade - he wanted his daddy, he wanted to go home, he wanted his blankie. We headed down to the parade early to get a spot so I was trying my darndest to keep Drew busy and it ended with him curled up on my lap...on an 80 degree day. So thankfully we were in the company of the fam and Tara was more than willing to sit in the street with Kelsey, watch the parade, and get candy! I hired Uncle Matt to pull the wagon up to the park for the picnic. The kids were totally zoned in on the jump house and inflatable slide. It was their first time on "rides" so the second time they went in the bounce house, I had to go in after them when their time was up :( They are use to the neighbor's, where they just play in it until it's time to go home or eat! I know they were just having a good time and didn't want to stop. We ate hamburgers and popcorn and after a couple hours decided it was nap time. I wanted them to be able to stay up to see fireworks so taking a later nap was ideal. Tara and I put the kids down and headed back outside to relax on the patio, wait for Craig to come once work finished and the rest of the family to saunter back from the picnic. The weather was gorgeous. To watch fireworks, we headed over to my cousin's house with a whole mess of other little ones to play with. Kelsey and Drew are finally at the age where they play with other kids. Listening to the giggling, the yelling as they ran around the house with glow sticks, the ooh's and ahh's over the fireworks was totally worth the small bits of whining and tears earlier in the day.

Heading up the big slide

Getting ready to slide down
Pile up at the bottom

Kelsey going by herself (about half way down she looks totally petrified but
always had a smile when she got to the bottom)

Getting ready for the parade (and wearing a pony tail - FINALLY)

Waving to the firetrucks
Checking out the loot


Mr. Benson, rocking his first 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment