Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21

Where, Oh Where, Has the Summer Gone?

The days are somehow going faster! I couldn't believe 2 weeks had passed since the last post...and then I thought back to everything that happened since the weekend of the fourth, and WOW - where did those days go?

We were able to visit with my dear friend and her 1 year old son, who now live in Colorado. Our other high school friend came with his family, including his 2 year old daughter. It was super cute to see the 1, 2, and my 3 year olds all playing together and how our lives have changed so much! My friend's mom ramped up her grandma mode and had all 3 kids following her around the yard so the adults could spend time chatting instead of chasing little ones. We were so busy talking, we didn't take any pictures :( boo. Then the next day we celebrated our favorite boy twins' 6th birthday. You can't argue fun when there is a bounce house, pinata, and Lego candy/cake/favors!

When the kids were younger, it was pretty obvious that Kelsey hit the "milestones" before Drew. Sometimes he would be a week behind; sometimes months. As they get older, it hasn't been as noticeable. Until recently... Drew had been driving me nuts with his incessant talking, mostly about nothing but words were constantly coming out of his mouth! I looked over at Craig as we were driving and said, "remember a couple months ago...Kelsey was doing the SAME THING!" I just thought it was her personality, not necessarily a phase some kids go through.

About milestones...the potty-training thing happened at the same time for them. Of course the first month or 2 they had their accidents, but overall we felt they had it under control. They both refused pull-ups for nighttime. Which is okay for Kelsey but Drew continues to wet the bed.every.morning. He just doesn't wake up to pee, even during nap time. I put pads under his sheets to protect the mattress and mattress pad so I'm only washing pads and sheets. It is now a rare occurrence for him to wake up dry. We take away any liquids after 5 so that his last pee before bed should be all that's left but that isn't helping. I'm not mad at him; I understand his system is still immature but it is getting very old with him waking up soaked in urine.

Sometimes the couch cushions work better on the floor

At the ZOO! and rare pic together



First carousel ride!


I said, "oh, Drew's shoe came off." She said, "oh no, again?"

She's such a mom - helping Drew put his Croc back on

Keeping cool this past weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment