Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20

Mother's Day and Baptism

I have a little catching up to do!

On Mother's Day our sweet nephew Benson was baptized. We pretty  much rolled right out of bed and into the truck and headed an hour north. In the past, it just felt like a no-brainer that we would sit in the "family/small children" room at church but last time Drew treated it like a party - knocking on the window to get any member of the congregation's attention, playing very loudly with toys. It made it impossible for us to participate. Now it could have been age related but they were actually well-behaved during church/baptism. I felt that if they were a part of the service, exposed to the quiet, listening moments and the singing, they might be more respectful. Drew got a little loud with some trains but overall, I was pleased with their behavior. The rest of the day was beautiful and the kids were soaking it up!





(I have DEFINITELY noticed that my lack of a camera has dramatically reduced the number of pictures I've taken. I don't know if I want another camera, what brand/kind/style/function cameras are out there, and really haven't taken the time to research it - if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!)

This past weekend we celebrated Craig's birthday in Chicago with some friends. The kids had a sleepover at the sitter's and then my mom watched them at our house so they could sleep in their bed Saturday night, since we didn't get home until 10. When Drew woke up Sunday morning, he called for "mommmmmmmmmy". I opened his door and he popped up, looked at me and said, "mom, you came home!" Broke my heart a little but I guess they are at the age where they understand when we leave and are able to verbalize their feelings about it! 

The country club pool opens this weekend and that means Craig begins his summer job. I hope to get the kids outside and start working on the yard. Holiday weekend also means being on-call at work for me. I'm getting it over with early this year and then do not have to worry about the other 2 summer holidays ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment