Cream Cheese Cinnamon Stix
2 packages (8 ounce size) cream cheese, softened
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2-3 loaves white sandwich bread
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon mixed w/
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, melted
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/2 cup of sugar until smooth; set aside.
Cut the crust off each slice of bread then roll out each slice with a rolling pin. Spread the cheese mixture over one end of the bread,,roll up tightly. Dip rolls into melted butter, then into sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 8 hrs. Bake frozen, uncovered, at 400 for 15 to 20 min, until brown.
Hawaiian Bun Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
1 12 pack of King's Hawaiian Original Rolls
1 lb. deli ham, shaved (I used black forest ham)
1 lb. Swiss cheese or Havarti, thinly sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons of poppy seeds (optional)
1 onion, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350. Melt butter and mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and poppy seed. Simmer for several minutes.
2. Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves in tact).
3. In a tin foil lined 9x13 pan, place bottom half of rolls and spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the bottom of the rolls followed by the ham and cheese.
4. Replace the tops of the rolls and spread the remaining onion mixture over top.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. When finished, cut along "bun" lines for serving.