Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20

I am entering heartburn territory

I'm surprised no one corrected my Mad Men cable station listing...which leads me to belive no one out there has seen it:) It's actually on AMC, a "regular" cable channel that is included in most packages. So I am even more impressed with how racey it can be, out there for anyone to watch. But I guess MTV now has Skins, which TIME magazine even wrote an article on it's inappropriate content. Anyway, I'm trying to get caught up so when season 5 starts this summer/fall, I will be ready!

Craig was not one of the estimated 600 or 1000 teachers at MPS to call in Friday (for the some reason the reporters had conflicting numbers, ah media) but since a significant number did, they closed the schools. There were pros and cons to this happening. He was already showered and dressed by the time he heard he didn't have to go to work: con. So he came back to bed, told me might try to go back to sleep, couldn't but then I was awake: con. But then he felt he could go to Madison with his fellow teachers without guilt: pro. Also there was a rocker/recliner I wanted that was on super sale ($300 off!) at Shopko-only problem was that Janesville was the only store in the state with any in stock. Since Craig was already out in that part of the state, he made a run to Shopko to pick up the last chair: pro.

While Craig was getting his Admirals game/Uecker bobblehead/drink on Friday night, a group of work friends showed up for good food and good laughs. We ate my favorite Italian sandwich, muffaletta (google it, if you're interested. Giada makes a fabulous one). Then of course to top off the salty, savory dinner, we made custard/brownie/hot fudge/pecan sundaes!! I had one for lunch the next day;) We also watched It's Kind of a Funny Story, with Zack Galifinakis (Hangover--wolf pack) so you would think it would be good, entertaining. I think the girls would agree with me when I say don't waste your time or money on it. Saturday night Craig and I saw Killers, with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher. We liked it--it's a cross between comedy, action, and only slight romance. We were going to watch Inception, but since Craig was slightly over-served the night before (and claims he didn't sleep well), he wasn't going to be able sit through a 'thinking' movie.

Our new rocker/recliner for when the babies come...can anyone
spot the cat in this photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment